59:35 broadcast; Internet version is 78:06
This is like the rerunniest show we ever done run! It was assembled around 2002 like a Frankenstein's monster from our favorite clips, extracted with great care out of the vast hoard of universally favorite SubGenius albums and tapes made since 1980. This one truly preserves, like flies in amber, the old-timers of the Church at their ostensible best in the first two decades of our mighty radio outreach -- before the brain damages and rheumatism set in. It's so dense that we shall just post the log here, below.
(NOTE: The broadcast version is only one hour long and has no cussing; this Internet version is almost 80 minutes!)
1. "The Bobacatto"—Rev. Mark Mothersbaugh / Hour of Slack Intro
Stang & G.G. Gordon: Show take off, crash
Dr. Howll Ritual Legal Open from KPFA show
2. Time to be manipulated /Swaggart: Dead preachers preaching dead sermons
Moment of Noise (Stang at XX-Day) / The Sound itself has a stink to it!
(Stang 2018 intro)
3. MTV/SubGenius ad soundtrack
4. "Praise "Bob"" -- The Walk-Ins
Bob Tilton Dear Bob clip w/ DK Jones music
NPR "All Things Considered" SubG report
Buck Naked on "Bob," Mark Mothersbaugh, Janor "Mind in a Jar"
Hal Robins on KPFA: 1998, Yetis to Overmen
5. Stang and ESO: "No X-Day? We're Fanatics!"
6. Hal "We're a Fun Crowd" KPFA
INTRO BARRAGE (Stang and Rev. Bleepo Abernathy) "R U ABNORMAL7"
KPFA Hal "A liar, a SubGenius"
7. Bill T. Miller/Kings of Feedback: "Normal"
8. IntroBarrage con't: "Bob" Is a Way of Life to Millions, "New Destiny," "Fool Normals," "Here's My Money"
9. Sister Melodious Chopps: "My Wallet Belongs to "Bob""
10. Stang: Bhoddhisatva Dobbs rant
D.Lee Lama- "Bob" Will Protect You"
11. INTRO BARRAGE: "Wise Up! Find Out Who THEY Are"
12. "It's Not Just The..." -- G.Gordon Gordon in Greenhelle, Bolivia
13. Intro Barrage "Bob" is a Sex God" / KPFA/ Short Duration Wedding (Stang & ESO from Pufferdome Devival 99)
14. Intro Barrage: 'This New Church Air' / There's a Chaplain
15. "BOB's" Cosmic Rant from Book: Stang
16. "Dread Dobbs" -- Lost Souls Inc.
17. Now to Continue / Closing Moments / "THE B-OB"
"All Things Considered" on Church -- Pope Meyer, "Pay to Know What You Really Think," "Pull the Wool" / God Still Speaks /Philo Drummond "Don't Care"/Meyer "Crawl With Pride"
18. John Wayne: "Bible Beater"
Stang "Watch Out for Ol' Bobby"
New Hurricane Bob lines
"B.O.B." music by Onan Canobite
The Church's Divine RULES - Too much! - Pope David N. Meyer
"Fuck 'Em" Pope Meyer at Metro, Chicago: THE RULES
"Blowhole Sex Healing" Meyer at KPFA, Stang & Meyer: ""Slack is enough food," "If You Act Like a Dumbshit"
19. Stang and ESO at XX-Day: "Sex Day"
20. Then he said "Arise"!Stang ARISE narration on "Slack Undefinable"
MB 12 Slack conference w/ GGG, Buck Naked, Stang, Poonflang
What takes away your slack? - Pope of AAll New York David N. Meyer
Puzzling Evidence LIFE SUCKS/Rod Serling
Meyer & Stang on Conspiracy, No Typical SubG/ Rules R 4 the Fools
21. "Us and All Our Friends Are So Fucked Up" -- Einstein's Secret orchestra, Pufferdome (Starwood festival, 1999)
22. USAPODS VS. THEMAPODS - THE SHOW, KPFA Berekley
"Right, "Bob?' -- Buck Naked on Origin of Church: Kids Cutting Up in Church
KPFA: Gary G'broagfran on This Horrible World
"Conspiracy Song" -- Dr. Ahmed Fishmonger
23. Cleve Duncan "I AM A SUBGENIUS" RANT w/ DK Jones music
24. "Build Your Own Ship" -- Stang & ESO, XX-Day 99
25. "Praise Bob" The Walk-Ins
SMARMY PO BOX by DK Jones / Dry Heaves
26. Lonesome Cowboy Dave, Stang on "SubGenius Hell" at Starwood 99
27. "God Might Die" -- Stang, ESO
28. G. Gordon: Pull Wool Over Our Own Eyes... How We're Being Screwed
29. Stang, ESO XX-Day 99 End Rant
30. "You Can Be Deprogrammed" -- Pope Sternodox, Janor Hypercleats
31. "Grassy Knoll Wacky Zanos" -- Puzzling Evidence
Order NEIGHBOR WORLD and/or THE BOOK OF THE SUBGENUS (signed): http://www.subgenius.com/scatalog/books.htm
Podcast, MP3 Download of this episode only
MP3 Direct download of this episode
Ogg Vorbis high and low res files at http://subgenius.com/ts/hos.html
TO DONATE to HOUR OF SLACK: http://subgenius.com/ts/hos.html
MP3 Downloads, Podcast: http://hourofslack.libsyn.com/
Subscribe to Podcast: http://hourofslack.libsyn.com/rss
See the Hour of Slack page on SubSITE for list of 25 broadcast stations in the U.S. and Canada: http://subgenius.com/ts/hos.html
Archive of hundreds of Hours of Slack from the 1990s, in MP3, thanks to St. David Bachner: http://db8.ca/radioarchive/hos
Official SubGenius Foundation Facebook page:
LOG of THIS EPISODE:
1 1-01Title.aif 02:20
2 1-03aMomentOfNoise.aif 00:48
3 1-04a-Stang 2018 intro 01:40
4 1-04SubGeniusAd2.aif 01:02
5 1-05aPraiseBob.aif 02:12
6 1-05bXXNoX-Day.aif 01:21
7 1-05c-RUAbnormal.aif 01:57
8 1-05dNormalBTM.aiff 04:16
9 1-06aIntroBarrage.aif 02:58
10 1-06bMyWalletBelongs2Bob.aif 03:26
11 1-06cBoddhisatvaProtect.aif 01:47
12 1-07WiseUp.aif 01:14
13 1-08NotJustThe.aif 02:57
14 1-09aWedding.aiff 05:00
15 1-09bChurchAir.aif 02:27
16 1-10aStangBobby.aif 00:47
17 1-11aDreadDobbs.aif 01:59
18 1-12TheBob.aif 02:39
19 2-1aChurchRules.aif 03:48
20 2-1bXXSexDay.aif 02:11
21 2-2aSlack.aif 03:18
22 2-2bPufUsAllFriends.aiff 04:15
23 2-3Themapods.aif 01:30
24 2-4aCleve.aif 03:29
25 2-4bXXBuildSHip.aif 02:02
26 2-5POBox.aif 01:41
27 2-6aPufSubGenius Hell.aiff 01:51
28 2-6bXXGodMightDie.aif 01:49
29 2-6cGordon.aif 03:41
30 2-6dXXEnd 01:44
31 2-8Deprogrammed.aif 01:13
32 2-9GrassyKnoll.aif 01:54
33 2-7Harvest.aif 02:35
Dr. Hal Robins: http://askdrhal.com and http://radiovalencia.fmLook for Dr. Philo Drummond and Puzzling Evidence show recordings by way of http://www.quiveringbrain.com or streaming from http://kpfa.org
Rev. Susie the Floozie and "Bob's" Slack Time Funhouse, WREK Atlanta:
Available live at 1am Saturday night on http://www.wrek.org/
For the podcast, Evil Genius Chronicles: http://www.evilgeniuschronicles.org/wrek/subgenius.rss
For one week after broadcast you can find it in WREK's archives on the MORNING schedule, SUNDAY at 1am at http://www.wrek.org/slacktime/
Afterwards, it will be available at http://www.radio4all.net/index.php/series/Bobs+Slacktime+Funhouse
Hundreds of archived episodes are available there.
Help support Rev. Susie the Floozie's show, "BOB'S" SLACK TIME FUNHOUSE. Donate here, or live in the shame of being a stingy stinkypink moocher.
It's Time for The Show: http://timeforthewebsite.com OR http://subgeniuses.com OR http://hypercubelaboratory.com
Radio Synaesthesia: http://wcsb.org
Phineas Narco/National Cynical Radio: http://nationalcynical.com
NOTE: THE HOUR OF SLACK is released in two versions.
The X-RATED "INTERNET VERSION" contains all original "fucks," "shits," "God damns," etc., and this is the one which is downloadable from SubSITE and which is sent to individual subscribers OR non-American radio stations.
All American radio stations (except WORT, Madison) are sent the "PG RATED CENSORED VERSION," which has the Bad Words either reversed, bleeped, or replaced with the spoken word "Bob", depending on what works best.
The Church of the SubGenius Radio Ministry seeks to brainwash you totally into abject lifelong subservience to The High Epopt and Living SlackMaster, J. R. "Bob" Dobbs, BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY.
KeywordsSlack, Bob Dobbs, Hour of Slack, comedy, conspiracy, collage, satire, X-Day, sex, Church of the SubGenius, Ivan Stang, The Firesign Theatre, Dr. Hal, Puzzling Evidence, Dr. Philo Drummond, Rev. Susie the Floozie, Lonesome Cowboy Dave, Ministry of Slack, McLuhan, movie trivia, DEVO, apocalypse, end of the world, Dr. Legume, LeMur
Back to Hour of Slack Main Page